Have you been on the lookout for a tasty, delicious, and healthy seafood paella recipe? Look no further, we’ve created this seafood recipe to satisfy that paella craving.
This is a quinoa and shrimp paella recipe, but you can change the quinoa to rice or pasta if you prefer! Mixing this mix with rice instead of quinoa can make it taste like shrimp fried rice, so whatever your preference is! If you’re looking to change it up to shrimp fried rice, it’s a good idea to add some soy sauce.
The preparation time for this recipe is 30 mins, and 30 mins of cooking time. This recipe also provides 7 servings.
So, what will you need for this shrimp recipe?
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, (minced)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa (rinse properly)
- 3 cups chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
- Crushed red pepper flakes (1/2 tsp)
- 1 bay leaf
- Saffron threads (1/2 tsp)
- Spanish paprika (1/2 tsp)
- Black pepper (1/2 tsp)
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded & membrane removed, sliced into 1/2″ strips
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Seafood seasoning (1 tsp)
- 1 pound large shrimp
How to prepare the paella?
- Season the shrimp by sprinkling a pinch of salt and by making use of seafood seasoning.
- Keep it in the refrigerator until it is ready for use.
- Apply moderate heat for about 5 mins to the oil and onions inside the large skillet until it’s soft.
- Add the already sliced pepper and fry for at least 4 mins.
- Add quinoa, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, saffron, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Cover up and apply low heat for 10 mins or wait for all the liquid to disappear.
- Add shrimp, peas, and sun-dried tomatoes, cover, and cook for additional 5 mins.
- Remove from heat, put in cover for a minimum of 10 mins.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
Calories and nutrition